Patrick the purple dragon

dragoncoder047’s blog

random thoughts about nonrandom things

Recent articles...

I Keep Getting Stuck on the Garbage Collector...

By dragoncoder047

I’ve been working quite a lot on my second programming language attempt, PICKLE. Admittedly, programming it in C has been a real chore. I started following the Make-A-Lisp tutorial to try to give myself some plan for executing PICKLE. Mal, unfortunately, recommends dynamically typed languages; that unfortunately is a …continue

A Very Confusing Data Model

By dragoncoder047

For the past week or two I have been working on a few things simultaneously. I keep prototype code that I’m developing but not quite ready to release yet in private GitHub repositories, and publish them when I’m ready. Lately I’ve been working on two different and …continue

Well, I Got Something...

By dragoncoder047

Today I did a quick test of my little ATtiny85 microcontrollers’ capabilities. I had them sitting in a jar for a while, and I wanted to see if I could use them in conjunction as a coprocessor to manage some mundane task like regulating a motor. I have previously written …continue


By dragoncoder047

I’ve been playing around a little bit with LIL on my ESP32 arduino. It works, but there are a few things I don’t like. LIL isn’t object-oriented by default, so I can’t do a lot of what I am used to writing code in Javascript and …continue

Schemascii ± 0

By dragoncoder047

I have been working really hard this week on Schemascii. Like, maybe too much. But, I finally got Schemascii to the point that I could (if I wanted) upload it to PyPI and it would be a valid package.

Schemascii is also able to be called as a command-line program …continue

Schemascii ± 1

By dragoncoder047

I spent the last two days fooling around with my half-idea of a diagramming program, Schemascii. What it’s supposed to do is be able to make a diagram of a circuit (like the ones you might make in Eagle or KiCad before you plan a circuit board) out of …continue

Hairy Circuit Layout Issues

By dragoncoder047

I’m starting to finalize the circuit boards needed for my Roboraptor upgrade. I am doing everything with THT components, which take up a lot of space, but I can solder by hand easily. Unfortunately, this means everything takes up a lot of space.

The top board, which will go …continue


By dragoncoder047

Congratulations, you have reached the end of this series.

I finally found a programming language that I can use on my Arduino: LIL, written by Kostas Michalopoulos. It’s a lot like Tcl (but not quite), and it has a simple to use C API so I can add custom …continue

Systems Tested

By dragoncoder047

Over winter break I was able to get some more progress done building circuits to get closer to an upgrade of my old, broken Roboraptor. There are a zillion different components to this project, and I wanted to test each separately to make sure they work before I make a …continue

Debugger, Almost

By dragoncoder047

Today I started work on the Phoo debugger. As-is, it is very simple – I already programmed in a “tick” function into Phoo that gets called every item, and so my debugger only needs to patch itself into this function.

However, the three buttons – “Into”, “Over”, and “Out” – caused me some …continue

Page 1 of 4 Next> Last>>